Why use a Code Signing Certificate in our Application?
As a software publisher, there are two reasons to sign our applications:
1. To prove its Integrity
2. To develop our Reputation
Trust our code to protect yours.
Bad things can happen to code when it’s distributed on-line. It can be hacked before it reaches the customer, stolen by another developers, or just never get installed because the "Unidentified Publisher" warning scares off our customers. Fortunately, a Code Signing Certificate makes it easy to protect our code — and our customers — from these and other issues.
Digitally signing our code helps to ensure that it cannot be tampered with, either on your servers, or when it is being downloaded to a user’s computer, especially over an insecure protocol like HTTP or FTP. This provides the user the confidence of knowing that the program they’ve just downloaded is the same one that we released.
On Safe Lines QHSE Software Ltd code signing certificate provides our customers and clients with;
- Secure software with the same industry-standard encryption used for SSL Certificates, making it impossible for others to alter our code.
- Acts as a digital ‘safety seal’ to show customers that our code has not been tampered with in any way.
- Display our company’s name, instead of “Unidentified Publisher,” during installation, so customers know we are a legitimate software developer.
- Includes a time-stamp so customers know that our code went through the verification process