Sunday, 11 March 2012

CDM Regs FAQ - Designer


Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007

Am I a designer?

To be a designer you have to be in a trade, business, or undertaking that involves you in preparing designs. In the Regulations the term ’designer’ relates to the function performed, rather than the profession or job title. So, for a construction project there could be ’traditional’ designers, such as architects, structural engineers and civil engineers, a design and build contractor etc. Building services engineers/consultants and quantity surveyors etc are also designers. You will also be a designer if you prepare drawings, specifications and bills of quantities.

Source HSE For information on CDM Regs and who is a designer click here

Free to try QHSE Software Solutions for Businesses

Risk Assessment Software
Accident Managenent Software
Document Issuing and Management System
Staff Sickness and Absenteeism Management and Trend Finding Software